Posts About:

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I did it!

You are looking at the first tip I've ever made. Yup, that's right, I'm an official waitress. I got through my last few nights of training, and I passed my test with flying colors (which is good because I was so nervous about it that I actually called in sick when I was supposed to take it yesterday. I don't know what I would have done if I had failed.) I got my first table, a nice older couple, and I told them that they were my first table ever as a waitress, and they were so sweet. They kept telling me what a good job I was doing, and to tell the boss that they said that, and that they never would have known it was my first night if I hadn't told them. They tipped me 25%, but most importantly, they enjoyed their meal and left happy.

I am so excited. Even if for the first few weeks I only get a few tables a night, even if I'm only leaving the restaurant with $10 or $20 at the end of the night, it's just that much more money than I had when I came in. I'm working my way up from the bottom. And I'm gonna make it to the top!

1 comment: