Posts About:

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I noticed something odd today

I have to re-train myself to say "You're welcome" when people say thank you to me.
I know this sounds like common curtsy that you get taught when you're three, but I'm actually serious.

When you work at Starbucks, one of the fist things you get told in training is to not say "you're welcome" when the customer says "thank you". Instead you're supposed to say "thank you" back to them, as though you were saying "No, thank you for coming in today". I worked there for two years, and ever since then, it's just become a habit to answer "thank you" with "thank you". Either that or when I realize that I'm about to say "thank you" I just kind of nod and say "mmm hmm".

So, it sounds really weird, but I'm actively practicing saying "you're welcome"

No comments:

Post a Comment